Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Bella has decided to move from Phoenix, Arizona to a tiny town called Forks in Washington to live with her father. The first day of school, she meets a boy named Edward who seems to hate her upon first sight, even though she doesn't know why. It turns out that Edward is a vampire - and Bella is falling in love with him regardless of the consequences.

I'm not usually a huge fan of vampire books (they're ok, just not really my thing), but this one has been so popular that I decided to pick it up and I have to admit - it was pretty great. This book is incredibly addictive and the story pulls the reader in quickly. The characters are believable and well developed (although I have to admit there was one detail about the vampires that was a little hokey). I'm really looking forward to the time when I can get my hands on the sequel. Obviously, I would recommend this book to other readers, but I do have to point out that while this is a vampire book (with some blood and violence and whatnot), the main focus of the book is on the romance between Bella and Edward - so if romance is not your thing, this is probably not your book.


Note: This is the first book in the Twilight Saga which includes Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. Additionally, the author is working on a parallel book, Midnight Sun which tells the story of Twilight from Edward's point of view. For more information, or to read excerpts, check out Stephenie Meyer's homepage.


No comments: